My Photo
Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts

This is my public journal. I will be writing fun stories about my past, some opinions on different events in my life and in the world, reviews on books, movies and music, pictures and a whole lot more!

I always have a hard time with summing myself into words, so for general info about me, please go to this link. Or you could check out my Myspace.

Please scroll to the bottom of this blog for copyright information.


Powered by Blogger

Get Firefox!

Listed in LS Blogs

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Panda vs. LiveJournal/Six Apart....UPDATE!

Today I have received the following email:

Dear Ms. Panda,

Please send your email to feedback@livejournal.com so that the correct people will see it. I'm sorry, but there's no way for me to transfer your message directly from here.

Sincerely,
Anne
Six Apart



More >>


Obviously I have changed the name so as not to reveal my real name. ;)

This email is the result of the following email, which I sent to all important Six Apart contacts a day and a half ago. Warning: It's long! Also, names and phone numbers have been changed to X's where applicable, to protect privacy and avoid problems:

This is going to be a long email. Please take the time to read it all, and please consider everything in this email. I'm going to be as descriptive as possible, and all of my claims can be backed up from past abuse reports.

I'm very angry. I have given LiveJournal tons of support over the years; paying for Paid accounts, working on the Support team, etc. I have been watching as LiveJournal goes slowly to hell.

How, you may ask?

It's all about LiveJournal's abuse team; some of the rudest, hostile, arrogant people I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with! Thier actions affect everyone on the LiveJournal site, not just me. They do not listen to customers, even though they say they want to hear from us.

The abuse team have treated me with nothing but rudeness and disdain in the past. I have been incredibly less than satisfied with the way they handle affairs. They have, as an example, refused to delete a community journal that I once owned (Xxxxxx is the name of it). I had given it to a friend by mistake. They could have easily checked the community's history and saw my story matched up, but they didn't. They refused me, over and over. As a result, I attempted to have the community deleted by faking I was a different user causing a "Terms of Service offense". Yes, I know that what I did was really stupid, but please understand that I felt really desperate. I would never have done such a thing if I didn't feel like I was backed against a wall. If they had not refused me, I would never have stooped to such levels.

While I'm on the subject of rudeness, the abuse team has been flippant and rude toward other users, as well, saying things such as "write in campaigns will never work", "not everyone is going to like you", etc. Is that any way to treat a customer?! On another occaision, I was trying to let the abuse team know I was being harrassed by someone on LiveJournal. They refused to even look into the matter, saying the subject matter was in a "friends only" entry (even though some abuse team members actually CAN see friends only posts). I then asked if that was any way to treat someone that has supported the site for so long. I got a reply from an abuse team member, saying he was "offended and insulted" because he felt that I was rubbing the times I have supported this site in the abuse team's face. I wasn't. I was offended myself that a customer would be treated in this way, so in my disgust I stated that, as a supportive customer, I felt that I didn't deserve to have my issue be treated as a non issue.

The abuse team has also kept offensive, lewd and disgusting material onsite. Recently someone had posted a horrible and disgusting film of a cat being murdered brutally in the syndicated journal Kittenbreak, in the comments. The abuse team did nothing. A friend of mine (user name Xxxxxxx) had brought to the abuse team's attention a community that promotes anorexia and bullemia. The abuse team did nothing. I had once pointed out a community that promoted sex with young teens. Not only did the abuse team do nothing, they said that such communities had "freedom of speech". I'm sorry, but it sickens me that such subject matter is left on LiveJournal servers due to "freedom of speech".

And now, on top of all of this, I see someone that identifies themselves as a LiveJournal volunteer is horribly, horribly rude here: http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=23555257&postID=114936881220849557 . That is absolutely inexcusable! Saying users deserve to be "thrown in the trash" and encouraging people to delete thier journals? That's a horrible way to conduct business! Absolutely horrible!

It is my hope that a new, more professional abuse team is hired, or at least give the existing abuse team some extra training. As of now, I feel so disgusted with the way LiveJournal is being run, I am discontinuing the usage of my journal. I will also no longer support the site with money or otherwise. Why would I want to support a site that is run so horribly?

Thank you for your time. Please call me at 617-637-1234 if you have any questions.


Okay, so mentioning my little problem with that community may not help anything, but it couldn't hurt. ;) Also, the supposed "LJ employee" that I linked to in the second to last paragraph may be a troll, but again, if someone is running around pretending to be a LiveJournal employee, I think LiveJournal/Six Apart should know about it!

Anyway, I did what the representitive from Six Apart asked me to do, and sent my email to the Feedback address. Have I been set up? Will another LJ flunkie tell me off? Or will I get a decent reply? Stay tuned...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Rose said...

I'm sorry that you are having so much trouble. As frustrated as you are with LJ, I'm upset with Blogger!

8:31 PM  
Blogger panda cookie said...

Well, if I get anywhere with LiveJournal, I hope that will be the start of better things, and then maybe, if LiveJournal's abuse team gets more responsible, Blogger will follow suit. It's sad when a site like Myspace will delete objectionable content when it is brought to thier attention, but more established blogging sites like LiveJournal and Blogger will not. There's no excuse for not removing content on a site that people of all ages use!

I know I haven't been talking much about Blogger, but I will be. I'd move to Wordpress and use my own server, but I know nothing about that sort of thing and I have no access to any server. I just don't have the money to pay for one.

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Noah Bulgaria said...

Blogger was giving me problems, too. I switched to Wordpress (like Rose).

Many hosts have the great feature of being able to call support. I did that when I got my own host.

7:36 PM  
Blogger panda cookie said...

I want my own host, Noah. I don't have the money. :(

8:55 PM  

Click here to comment!

Or you can sign in as a different user.

<< To Blogger.com