My Photo
Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts

This is my public journal. I will be writing fun stories about my past, some opinions on different events in my life and in the world, reviews on books, movies and music, pictures and a whole lot more!

I always have a hard time with summing myself into words, so for general info about me, please go to this link. Or you could check out my Myspace.

Please scroll to the bottom of this blog for copyright information.


Powered by Blogger

Get Firefox!

Listed in LS Blogs

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Sunday, June 04, 2006

I went on a Hot Dog Safari, today...

Okay, most of you are probably wondering, "what in the hell is a Hot Dog Safari?"

Answer: this link will explain it all!

Now that you have an understanding as to what the Hot Dog Safari is, we can move on to my thoughts on spending part of my day at Suffolk Downs for this event...

More >>


There was a shuttle bus waiting at Suffolk Downs station when Rich, my son and I arrived, to take us to Suffolk Downs for the Hot Dog Safari. That alone impressed me; giving comfort to the attendees! When we got there, the first thing that I noticed were the people! It was incredibly crowded! In fact, I wondered what would happen if there were a fire emergency! Anyway, most of those people were crowding the hot dog booths, grabbing whatever free food they could. I happened to have four hot dogs in total, one of which I tossed in the trash half eaten because it was a deli style dog; I dislike deli style dogs. I did manage to snag a few of my favorite brand of franks, Fenway Franks! EXTREMELY enjoyable!

Anyway, there were a lot of smaller events taking place during the Hot Dog Safari for attendees. One of those events was a wrestling card, featuring local pro wrestling talent. I recognized none of them, but Rich found a few familiar faces. During the wrestling event, I went in search of some soda. It was a bit annoying that most of the refreshment stands were serving beer only, but I did manage to find a stand that served Pepsi.

When the wrestling event came to a close, Rich, my son and I were sort of at a loss of what to do. After watching one of the horse races, we attempted to snag more food, but by that time, the crowds were extremely overwhelming. So after I bought my son and I two Hot Dog Safari caps, we boarded the same shuttle bus and went back to the train station. We actually ended up playing billiards in Boston, so leaving early had it's advantages.

All in all, a good time. I just wish there was more elbow room...

2 Comments:

Blogger nepspeed82 said...

It's really hard to enjoy an event when its too overcrowded. You think more about how to get past other people rather than thinking of what you should be doing and enjoying next.

3:19 PM  
Blogger panda cookie said...

Very true. The crowd was the only thing about the event that made me crazy.

3:45 PM  

Click here to comment!

Or you can sign in as a different user.

<< To Blogger.com