My Photo
Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts

This is my public journal. I will be writing fun stories about my past, some opinions on different events in my life and in the world, reviews on books, movies and music, pictures and a whole lot more!

I always have a hard time with summing myself into words, so for general info about me, please go to this link. Or you could check out my Myspace.

Please scroll to the bottom of this blog for copyright information.


Powered by Blogger

Get Firefox!

Listed in LS Blogs

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Monday, May 29, 2006

X-Men: The Last Stand...

Okay, I've seen all of the movies that are part of the highly enjoyable X-Men trilogy as of yesterday afternoon. Each movie has been better than the last. I honestly wasn't expecting to be wowed by the lastest X-Men movie, but I was pleasantly surprised!

More >>

Like each of the movies before it, X-Men: The Last Stand is loosely based on the comic book's storyline; this time, it's the infamous Dark Phoenix saga from the early 1980's. However, the changes made helps the movie rather than hurts it. Comic book purists will not be disappointed. In fact, they will probably be blown away by the action, special effects and the portayal of the infamous mutants that we've come to know and love.

New character standouts include Kelsey Grammar's droll portayal of Hank McCoy a/k/a The Beast and Ellen Page as the teen that can walk through walls, Kitty Pryde. As for the actors making a return, Hugh Jackman is once again terrific as Wolverine. Also terrific are Famke Janssen as the haunted, pained Jean Grey/Phoenix, and Halle Berry's emotional return as Storm. Fans will also be delighted with the dialogue and hidden surprises. Some awesome new catchphrases can be heard. I mean, just try to get Juggernaut's "Do you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, BITCH!" out of your head! Or how about seeing Stan Lee (creator of Marvel Comics) watering his lawn? Priceless!

There are some negative aspects, though. Fans waiting for the return of Nightcrawler will keep right on waiting. Actually, not much explaination is made as to why there is a team of different mutants in each film, which may prove to be confusing to those that aren't as familiar with X-Men storylines. These negatives are small, though. This movie is, as a whole, highly enjoyable, and I would recommend it to both old and new fans, as well as those that are unfamiliar with X-Men in general. It's definately the best movie to come out so far this year.

If you'd like to see a trailer for this film, go here. This link also has some surprises for Myspace users; for instance, adding this profile will enable the ability to change your "Top 8 Friends" to a "Top 12" or "Top 16".

7 Comments:

Blogger Carl Baydala said...

Dear Panda,
Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. Good to see that people I do not know are actually interested in what I do. You have a very colourful presentation,
Sincerely,
Carl ( Carl Baydala Wants You To Know....)

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Noah Bulgaria said...

Nice review.

I'm hoping to see An Inconvenient Truth soon. It got great reviews.

9:41 AM  
Blogger panda cookie said...

Carl: No problem! Your journal is wonderful and it was a pleasure to read!

Noah: Thanks. Oh, and I'll probably catch that An Inconvenient Truth eventually.

3:33 PM  
Blogger hedgehogman said...

x-men, yes i like it and have the original comics. In my country marvel things is a bit expensive, so I and my friends prefer to watch the movies

12:31 AM  
Blogger panda cookie said...

Cool, Hedgehog! I used to have the original comics, too, but I sold them to get some much needed cash long ago.

12:45 AM  
Blogger nepspeed82 said...

X-men will be shown this coming Thursday here in the Philippines. But I have seen several of its movie trailers in the internet and I'd have to say the visual effects are really cool.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Invader Stu said...

I saw X-Men 3 last weekend. I did not think it was as strong as the other two because they tried to fit too much in.

I did a review on my blog as well.

12:13 PM  

Click here to comment!

Or you can sign in as a different user.

<< To Blogger.com