My Photo
Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts

This is my public journal. I will be writing fun stories about my past, some opinions on different events in my life and in the world, reviews on books, movies and music, pictures and a whole lot more!

I always have a hard time with summing myself into words, so for general info about me, please go to this link. Or you could check out my Myspace.

Please scroll to the bottom of this blog for copyright information.


Powered by Blogger

Get Firefox!

Listed in LS Blogs

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Weird memories...

Some childhood memories to share that are not worth writing a whole blog post over, but I'd like to share, nonetheless:

I thought there was a disco on Broadway. I'm not kidding. Whenever my family would drive past the Post Office (on Broadway in Somerville MA), I would see this storefront next to it. For some reason, that storefront looked like a disco, to me.

More >>

I dismembered one of my Raggedy Ann dolls. To this day, I have no idea why I did this. While I was over my cousin Cheryl's house, we got this crazy idea; to cut apart our Raggedy Ann dolls limb by limb, throw all the parts in a plastic bag, fill the bag with water, tie a knot at the top and throw it under my cousin's porch. My cousin later told me that she went to look at the bags and they were full of worms. Ew.

When friends came over, we'd have to play in the basement. I'm not fooling. My mother always had this thing about bringing people over our house, from as far back as I can remember. But she did make a compromise, and that was it. So on the rare occaision where someone would actually want to play with me at home, I'd have to bring them to the basement, which probably made me look even more like a freak to my peers than ever.

My cousin's word used to be gospel. When I was growing up, there was no one I loved and idolized more than my cousin, Cheryl. I used to sleep over her house every weekend. We went and did everything together. And what she thought of things meant fucking everything to me for some reason. I remember hiding the fact that I was a fan of KISS from her, because I thought she's laugh at me for liking KISS. That's how sad I was. I'm glad I smartened up, later!

I used to cry when I had to stay after school. Up until I was in third grade, I used to have panic attacks over staying after school. I'd sit there and cry, which ended up pissing the teachers off. I couldn't help it. My mom used to walk me home, so I was afraid my mom wouldn't wait for me to come out. My God, how that used to panic me!

I used to love going to the Burlington Mall. The Burlington Mall was one of the first real huge malls in Massachusetts. At least it's the first one I remember, anyway. I loved it there. It seemed so HUGE when I was a kid. Sears had these old, old IBMs on display, and I used to love playing with them, even though I had no freaking idea what to do with them. There used to be a record store with an Atari 2600 demo console, and I remember having a fight with my cousin over playing with that. And Au Bon Pain! I had my first chocolate croissant there! Good times. Good times.

10 Comments:

Blogger hedgehogman said...

well it become weird now, but at that time we have no problem with that. I like to play with coin games at amusement park when I was kid. And now I feel its a strange hobby.

5:30 AM  
Blogger nepspeed82 said...

Why you dismembered your raggedy ann doll is perhaps due to some subconscious primal cannibalistic blood lust tendencies hidden deep within you. Just kidding.

4:17 PM  
Blogger panda cookie said...

I still like to play with coin games!

4:30 PM  
Blogger panda cookie said...

Nepspeed - Yep. Just call me Jeffery Dahmer. XD

4:31 PM  
Blogger hedgehogman said...

panda i mean coin games like, horse or car statue that will move if you insert coin there, then you can ride it

not coin video games

12:34 AM  
Blogger panda cookie said...

Ohhhh, ok. :)

1:09 AM  
Anonymous Vince Chan said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!

I once cried in kindergarten to stay after school. My mother told me this story so I have no recollection myself, but this was my first day of kindergarten.

I kept crying and wouldn't say why. When I finally calm down, I told the teacher any my mother that I was crying because I couldn't go home.... because I had not finished my colouring yet. :)

Needless to say, I was told the truth that I can finish it tomorrow and then happily went home with mother!

1:34 AM  
Blogger panda cookie said...

I did that, too! I brought a book to school and I wanted to read it to the whole kindergarten class. We ran out of time by the end of the day and I never got to read that day, so I started crying, like, a lot. Then the teacher told me I could read it the next day, so I calmed down. And I did read it the next day.

Oh, no problem. Your blog is wonderful. I added it to my Blogroll, even. :)

1:48 AM  
Anonymous Noah Bulgaria said...

Great post. I remember I used to have a backpack throwing contest every Friday. Who even threw it the farthest would win. :-D

4:59 PM  
Blogger panda cookie said...

Haha, that's great! That kind of sounds like the kids I went to school with. They did stuff like that. They played this game with one of those pink bouncy balls. Whoever hit the wall the highest won.

5:27 PM  

Click here to comment!

Or you can sign in as a different user.

<< To Blogger.com