My Photo
Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts

This is my public journal. I will be writing fun stories about my past, some opinions on different events in my life and in the world, reviews on books, movies and music, pictures and a whole lot more!

I always have a hard time with summing myself into words, so for general info about me, please go to this link. Or you could check out my Myspace.

Please scroll to the bottom of this blog for copyright information.


Powered by Blogger

Get Firefox!

Listed in LS Blogs

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

This and that...

Random tidbits I've seen around the web...



Yes, you are seeing correctly. That is a Boston Red Sox bikini.

I can honestly say that I've never heard of any other sports team that had bikinis as part of thier merchandise line, have you? I mean, if there are others, please feel free to post about them in the comments. And would you believe this baby is $40?! I don't know anyone that would spend $40 on that, and I know a lot of Sox fans. I can understand buying this for a collection of memorabilia, but actually wearing it? In public? :shudders:

More >>



Can you imagine getting ready to get down and dirty, only to have your partner pull a box of these babies out of his pocket? I don't know what would be a bigger turnoff; the fact that they are "tongue lubricated" (ick!) or having to look at Gene Simmons's ugly mug on the box. Not one of KISS's better marketing ideas.


Anyone out there remember this? I sure do! Heck, I faithfully bought Muppet Magazine from the first issue up till a year or two before it ceased publication. This was the magazine to get in the 80's. And the Muppets actually interviewed people like Moon Zappa and the cast of The Facts Of Life, which made for some classic articles. I also remember that some of the Muppets had regular columns, like Statler and Waldorf's movie reviews. Wanna check this magazine out for yourself? Some eBay stores sell old issues, with prices starting at around $6.


Ahhhh, Motley Brue. You know, I've been a Cruehead since around 1984, and I never tried this stuff. I do remember Spencer Gifts selling bottles of these, though. I've heard that the Brue tastes rather sour, and I've also heard a rumor that this drink can turn your shit blue. Anyone care to confirm?


You've heard of Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Junior, but have you heard of Donkey Kong 3? No? Well, you didn't miss much. In this game you play as Stanley, a gardner; the object of the game is to shoot Donkey Kong and his bug friends with bug spray, to keep him from damaging Stanley's garden. Hmmm. I wonder why they didn't just use Mario? Anyway, if you are unsuccessful with spraying ol' D.K. and friends with bug spray, the bugs swoop down and take over the garden. Actually, it looks like the bugs swoop down and eat Stanley alive. I have never seen an arcade console for this game, but I do remember renting it for the Nintendo in the 80's, and it was just really bad. As I said above, you really didn't miss much.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Rose said...

I would look a very sad site in the Boston Red Sox bikini & I'll pass on the kiss Kondoms.

12:30 PM  
Blogger panda cookie said...

Anyone would be a sad site in the Sox bikini!!!

1:09 PM  
Blogger nepspeed82 said...

Yo, saw this link frm blogger forum. Nice post especially on the KISS condom part. Its tounge lubricated so I guess it should really smell like icky dried saliva or something. NICE!!!!

2:57 PM  
Blogger panda cookie said...

Thank you! I do understand why it's tongue lubricated...Gene sticks out his tongue, haha. But it just sounds, well, not sexy!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Trinity said...

Great blog Panda! I see i have to learn :)

Reagards to Boston from Europe.

3:44 PM  
Blogger panda cookie said...

Thank you very very much!

Much love to you from Boston! ♥

3:48 PM  
Blogger hedgehogman said...

wow what a business!
it will be a hit for their hardcore fans. they can keep it as memorabilia and sell it later in higher price.

12:43 AM  
Blogger panda cookie said...

That's true.

I still think it would look odd if someone actually wore it, though.

12:48 AM  

Click here to comment!

Or you can sign in as a different user.

<< To Blogger.com