My Photo
Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts

This is my public journal. I will be writing fun stories about my past, some opinions on different events in my life and in the world, reviews on books, movies and music, pictures and a whole lot more!

I always have a hard time with summing myself into words, so for general info about me, please go to this link. Or you could check out my Myspace.

Please scroll to the bottom of this blog for copyright information.


Powered by Blogger

Get Firefox!

Listed in LS Blogs

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Saturday, May 20, 2006

New Super Mario Bros...waitaminute, NEW?!

So I was over Rich's house last night, watching WWE Smackdown. Or should I say, we were switching between Smackdown and SpongeBob SquarePants. Anyway, during the commercial break, I saw it; a commercial for the brand new Mario game, New Super Mario Bros.

Whaa...waitasec. New?! Yep, new.

More >>

My initial thought was "why call it NEW Super Mario Bros? Especially at this stage?" I mean, they've been making Mario games for the Nintendo line of systems for years and years. Every Mario game that came out after Super Mario 3 had unique names; Super Mario Land, Super Mario All Stars, Super Mario 64, etc. But after checking out Nintendo.com, I kind of understand. The NEW Super Mario really isn't NEW in concept. It looks like the initial Mario games, with better graphics and different stages to play through. Also, when you look at it from a marketing standpoint, calling it New Super Mario Bros. is almost guaranteed money in the bank. People are going to be curious, and thus buy.

I will admit, I am curious, too. I tried to talk my son into getting a Nintendo DS instead of a PSP for graduation, so I can see what gameplay is really like, but my son really wants that PSP. Dammit. And since my local Toys R Us has closed down, I'll have to look for a store that has a playable demo. But till then, I guess I'll have to wait to find out what gameplay is like.

What have you guys heard about this game? Is it getting good reviews? Are there any new characters? How about gameplay? And what do you think about Nintendo calling it "NEW Super Mario Bros."? Tell me your thoughts in the comments!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tazkwok said...

I want this new mario game for DS. However, I am so broke right now! Anyway, I want to thank you for inspiring to redesign my website. You motivated me to do so. Thank you so much!

12:54 AM  
Blogger panda cookie said...

I inspired you? Wow, thanks for the compliment! :)

12:59 AM  

Click here to comment!

Or you can sign in as a different user.

<< To Blogger.com