My Photo
Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts

This is my public journal. I will be writing fun stories about my past, some opinions on different events in my life and in the world, reviews on books, movies and music, pictures and a whole lot more!

I always have a hard time with summing myself into words, so for general info about me, please go to this link. Or you could check out my Myspace.

Please scroll to the bottom of this blog for copyright information.


Powered by Blogger

Get Firefox!

Listed in LS Blogs

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day...

Today is Mother's Day.

I became a mom in February of 1992. I'll never forget the feeling of pride that I felt when I looked at my baby son for the first time. I kissed him on the nose, because my mother kissed me on the nose when I was first born, and I wanted to keep up tradition.

It's hard to believe that fourteen years have gone by since I gave him that first kiss. That he and I have been living life together for fourteen years. My son and I have had many adventures together. We've been through so much together, good and bad. We've done a lot of growing together, and we've learned a lot together. He's grown to be a sweet, thoughtful, caring and smart young man, and I'm proud to call him my son.

For me, Mother's Day is a joyus occasion, for I celebrate the day I became a mother, and the fact that I have such a wonderful and brilliant son. I don't need any material gifts. My son and the love we share is the best gift of all.

Happy Mother's Day, everyone!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Dan said...

Don't you mean you became a mom in 1992?

1:23 AM  
Blogger panda cookie said...

Yep. Typo. Thanks for pointing it out.

1:31 AM  
Blogger hedgehogman said...

so touchy
i will write the same thing ( if someday i become parent ) and hope my kids will read it. Is your kid read this?

5:45 AM  
Anonymous Cammi said...

Happy Mother's Day, Mich! Hope you can make something out of this rainy day though =)

9:26 AM  
Blogger panda cookie said...

Hedgehogman: Yes, my son does read this. Thanks for the compliments. They are very much appreciated!

Cammi: Thanks, love! Rich is taking me out to dinner, which I'm looking forward to! :)

1:25 PM  
Blogger xbox_fan said...

I have the url for my blog for everybody who wants to sing up:
http://mylivelivewithit.blogspot.com/
p.s.: thanks, mom. Happy Mother's Day!

8:45 PM  
Blogger panda cookie said...

Yup. Oh and so everyone knows; this here is my son's journal. Mess with him and feel my wrath!

I love you so much.

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Rose said...

What a beautiful post.Happy Mother's Day!

1:07 AM  
Blogger panda cookie said...

Thanks! I meant every word. :)

1:12 AM  

Click here to comment!

Or you can sign in as a different user.

<< To Blogger.com