My Photo
Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts

This is my public journal. I will be writing fun stories about my past, some opinions on different events in my life and in the world, reviews on books, movies and music, pictures and a whole lot more!

I always have a hard time with summing myself into words, so for general info about me, please go to this link. Or you could check out my Myspace.

Please scroll to the bottom of this blog for copyright information.


Powered by Blogger

Get Firefox!

Listed in LS Blogs

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Miss Pamela...

I think everybody has big dreams when they are young. Take me for instance. My big dream was to be a rock star and to be married to a popular musician. I never did get very far in either department. The closest I've ever been to being onstage was when I performed "Eternal Flame" in a school talent show in eighth grade, and the closest I've ever been to marrying a musician was when I became engaged to Rich; even though he's not famous, he does play guitar pretty well. But those dreams did lead me to a lifelong fascination with rock groupies. Especially the ones from rock and roll's earlier days.

More >>


I'll never forget the first time I saw Miss Pamela. She was on Oprah with Jackie Collins, (who had just had a book published called Rock Star) along with Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley of KISS. The subject of the show was rock groupies, of course. Pamela had just seen the release of her first book, the memoir I'm With The Band, and I was awestruck by her. She had actually gone ahead and had been with the musicians she drooled over; Mick Jagger, Jimmy Page, Keith Moon. The list was seemingly endless. About four years later I had purchased I'm With The Band after reading excerpts at a friend's house. Her story blew my mind. Not only had she been with her favorite musicians, but she had been in a band herself, The GTO's (or Girls Together Outrageously). I remember buying The GTO's album Permanent Damage when I was around seventeen, and I hoped beyond hope that one day I would record my own album. Reading about Pamela's adventures, it gave me hope that my life would be the same; full of adventures.

As it became more and more clear that my life would not be spent singing for millions or hanging on the arm of someone famous, I became more of a fan of Pamela's. I bought her other books; I was insane with glee when Take Another Little Piece of My Heart was released. It was the sequel to I'm With The Band!!! As I read about her newer adventures, I found myself finding that I had more in common with Miss Pamela than I even realised; I, too, struggled with accepting my boyfriends as they were, trying to change them for thier sake. I, too, struggled as my son grew up, as he had issues that would take years to surface. As I got older, though, I found myself relating with her more as a woman than as an idol. I certainly knew what it was like to be on the constant search for Mr. Right. And even though she went out with famous musicians, that's all Pamela wanted; Mr. Right.

Over the years, I must have read I'm With The Band and Take Another Little Piece Of My Heart a million times. These books, even though they are almost twenty years old, still seem fresh and magical today. They are still a total delight to read. And I still love Miss Pamela. I can still relate to her, also. My life has been full of my own adventures, yet a lot of the issues Pamela dealt with were issues I have dealt with through the years. And I think a lot of women have dealt with these issues, too. That's why, now that I'm With The Band has been re-released, a whole new generation of young women are falling in love with Miss Pamela. She's a remarkable woman everyone can relate to.

6 Comments:

Blogger hedgehogman said...

nice
there is a time that im to obssesed to a star. Not a rockstar, ony soccer star, Eric Cantona, I want to be like Cantona. Collecting his pictures and try to search for his collector card.

But then he retired at young age (31?)

1:09 AM  
Blogger panda cookie said...

That's cool! It's nice to have idols. :)

1:13 AM  
Blogger hedgehogman said...

havent update yet?
yes i've got many idols beside cantona, but he is the best. When I was a kid I like street fighter characters ( from game ) and thought that they were real

9:51 PM  
Blogger panda cookie said...

I updated about a half hour ago, actually. :)

When I was a kid, I thought the Sesame Street Muppets were real, hehe.

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Razib Ahmed said...

I liked characters from books and television series. I was a fan of spider man and superman as both of them were related to media. I wanted to be a writer and when I became a bit older I liked Charles Dickens and George Orwell as both of them came from ordinary background like me and they became successful writer through hard work.

7:33 AM  
Blogger panda cookie said...

Nice taste in authors! Charles Dickens is superb! And I read George Orwell's 1984 in high school. Awesome stuff!

3:08 PM  

Click here to comment!

Or you can sign in as a different user.

<< To Blogger.com