My Photo
Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts

This is my public journal. I will be writing fun stories about my past, some opinions on different events in my life and in the world, reviews on books, movies and music, pictures and a whole lot more!

I always have a hard time with summing myself into words, so for general info about me, please go to this link. Or you could check out my Myspace.

Please scroll to the bottom of this blog for copyright information.


Powered by Blogger

Get Firefox!

Listed in LS Blogs

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Internet = love? Read on....

It's been said before, but the man or woman of your dreams can pop up anyplace and at any time. Fate is funny that way. Because when and where you least expect it, you can meet the person that could change your life forever. I know; it happened to me.

More >>

My brother Sheldon was one of the first people I know that started blogging, and he began on LiveJournal. In fact, in a way, he helped me get started, too. I had logged into his account on LiveJournal (we knew each other's passwords at the time) and swiped one of his invite codes. Invite codes were the only way you could create a LiveJournal back in 2002. Looking back, I know it wasn't cool of me to swipe an invite code from him, but had I not done this, I would never have gotten to know the man that would become my fiance, my Rich.

Toward the Spring of 2002, my brother upgraded his LiveJournal to Paid account status. Back then, upgrading meant that you'd get more invite codes; one code for every month of Paid time purchased. So my brother decided to make a bunch of journals for a bunch of his friends. Shortly after he did this, he logged into my LiveJournal account (told you we knew each other's passwords!) and added all of his friends' new journals to my friends list. One of those friends just happened to be Rich.

Rich's journal caught my eye right away. He was ballsey, he was edgy, he was funny. I liked his style right away, and soon enough we were communicating through comments. Seeing his picture only made me desire him more. Soon enough, we began meeting up to hang out. It was during one of those times when Rich and I kissed for the first time, and it took my breath away.

Now during this time, I was still seeing my boyfriend at the time, Rob. But because we had an open relationship, Rich and I began seeing each other by the early Fall of 2002. My relationship with Rob was on the rocks for a while, even before Rich and I began getting intimate, so to make a long story short, by mid-October Rob and I had broken up and Rich and I had begun our relationship. Actually, we began our relationship the day after Rob and I broke up! And now, here it is, almost four years later, and we are not only still together and very happy, but we are engaged!

As for my brother, in a way I kind of returned the favor for his introducing Rich and me. A couple of years ago, I was looking for new friends to add to my LiveJournal list. I remember looking for fans of Daffney Unger, a former WCW wrestling manager. One name seemed to stand out amongst all the others. The username was Goddessicity, and I ended up liking her right away. Her real name was Cammi, and we were instant friends. It was through my friends list where she met her ultimate man, my brother. They had stayed in touch by phone for quite a long time before Cammi decided to move to Massachusetts for good, to be with my brother. Now if that isn't true devotion, I don't know what is.

You know how some people say that "real" relationships cannot be found on the internet? Well, my brother and I can honestly say that theory is a bunch of shit. Sometimes the internet can end up introducing us to people that can affect us for a lifetime. And we can honestly say that love CAN begin on the internet. We are living proof!

6 Comments:

Blogger Seebo said...

I want to believe that - but fer right now, the internet is just a nice place to purge...

1:08 AM  
Blogger panda cookie said...

The internet is good for a lot of things, actually. Hehe. :)

1:12 AM  
Anonymous Asyla said...

shame it didn't go so great for me..

2:40 PM  
Blogger panda cookie said...

:hugs:

Well, like I said, people meet thier ultimate mate in the damndest of places. Your's is still out there. Maybe not on the net, but somewhere.

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Rose said...

I'm happy that you found love but not all relationships end happily ever after. Like life the net has it's good & bad.

1:10 AM  
Blogger panda cookie said...

Oh, I know. I just wanted to show the good side in this entry. I've met a lot of creeps on the net, but this entry isn't about them, you know? :)

1:15 AM  

Click here to comment!

Or you can sign in as a different user.

<< To Blogger.com