My Photo
Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts

This is my public journal. I will be writing fun stories about my past, some opinions on different events in my life and in the world, reviews on books, movies and music, pictures and a whole lot more!

I always have a hard time with summing myself into words, so for general info about me, please go to this link. Or you could check out my Myspace.

Please scroll to the bottom of this blog for copyright information.


Powered by Blogger

Get Firefox!

Listed in LS Blogs

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Monday, May 22, 2006

Have you ever seen this?

I saw that this was still on my Favorites list over at Youtube.com, and since this is one of the more interesting bits of video on my list, I'd like to share and discuss it a bit.

More >>


Click on the picture to view the video!


This video is by Toni Basil. Most of you remember her for her song "Hey Mickey", back in the 80's. This video is for the single she released right after "Hey Mickey", called "Shopping From A to Z". This single didn't do nearly as well as "Hey Mickey" (not even close), and so Toni Basil went down in history as a one hit wonder.

How does the song compare to "Hey Mickey"? I'll let you be the judge on that. But before I found this on Youtube, I had never seen this video before. I only vaguely knew about the song, if that. I've found that Youtube is a treasure trove of videos not seen often. I mean, when was the last time you saw the commercial for the K-Tel release Let's Disco, or a political ad for Spiro Agnew? And I'll bet you've never seen this clip of New Zoo Revue, before!

2 Comments:

Blogger hedgehogman said...

i know that hey mickey
yes its a one hit wonder
but still that song been played on modern dance or cheerleader excercise

2:08 AM  
Blogger panda cookie said...

It sure is. And it's been played on oldies radio stations, too.

2:49 AM  

Click here to comment!

Or you can sign in as a different user.

<< To Blogger.com