My Photo
Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts

This is my public journal. I will be writing fun stories about my past, some opinions on different events in my life and in the world, reviews on books, movies and music, pictures and a whole lot more!

I always have a hard time with summing myself into words, so for general info about me, please go to this link. Or you could check out my Myspace.

Please scroll to the bottom of this blog for copyright information.


Powered by Blogger

Get Firefox!

Listed in LS Blogs

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Sunday, May 07, 2006

For Rob...

Before I begin, I want to thank everyone for thier well wishes from the bottom of my heart. My son won a gold medal for the 25 meter walk and a bronze medal for the tennis ball throw at the Special Olympics, on Friday. Oh, and this isn't his last Special Olympics, either, as we found out that he could still compete while in high school. VERY cool!

With that out of the way, let's move on to my tribute to someone I love very much...

Whenever I see one of those bulletins on Myspace that ask for help in finding a missing loved one, I always, always repost them. I know how it is to have someone you love go missing. I know how helpless and hopeless one can feel. How the pain can seem endless. How each day drags by until you find that person, again.

Robert Fischer was beautiful, creative, loving and a joy to be around. I had met him in the early part of 2000, right after my ex-husband left me. We began a two year romance after spending an all nighter in Harvard Square with friends. I had never met anyone like him. He was so sweet, so shy, and he had a demented sense of humor, and I loved him with all of my heart. He was my first real love. Our romantic relationship only lasted for two years, but we were best friends always. We were ALWAYS there for each other. Even when we went through a rocky period right after we broke up, we still stayed in touch. We did and went through everything together. Everything. I wish I could go over all the wonderful, crazy and amazing shit we went through, but I'd be here all night.

In August 2004, a former friend called me at my fiance Rich's house to let me know that Rob had gone missing for a week. I'll never forget it. I felt this terrible ache at the pit of my stomach, and my tears flowed nonstop. I did everything in my power to help find him even though I had a terrible feeling he wasn't going to be found alive. I posted flyers all over Massachusetts. I posted his picture and info all over the net. I even tried to get the local news to report on his case. The day did come when he was found, though. He was found at the bottom of a ditch near a quarry in West Roxbury, MA in November 2004. He had fallen to his death. He was only 23 years old. We had actually celebrated his birthday almost two months before he disappeared with a pool party, which is still one of my fondest memories.

Rob may no longer be alive, but the love, joy and happiness he shared will always be here, glowing like the sun. There are times something weird will happen, and I think it's Rob fucking with me. Like the time I was listening to a KISS record with Rich and the needle slowly pushed it's way across the record to the very end. I guess he just wanted to say "Hello".


I love you, Rob. You will never be forgotten.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Rose said...

My condolences to the loss of your son. I lost my daughter 14 years ago this June. It doesn't matter at what age we loose a child, the pain is still there. I'm here should you ever need someone to talk to.

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Rose said...

My apologies, I feel like a real idiot. I thought it was your son that passed away. Do forgive me.

12:03 AM  

Click here to comment!

Or you can sign in as a different user.

<< To Blogger.com