My Photo
Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts

This is my public journal. I will be writing fun stories about my past, some opinions on different events in my life and in the world, reviews on books, movies and music, pictures and a whole lot more!

I always have a hard time with summing myself into words, so for general info about me, please go to this link. Or you could check out my Myspace.

Please scroll to the bottom of this blog for copyright information.


Powered by Blogger

Get Firefox!

Listed in LS Blogs

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Friday, May 05, 2006

For my son...

Being awake this early should be against the law; it's 8:16 AM, and I'm usually not awake at this hour. But today is an exception. Today is a big day for my son, and I'm going to be there for him. What's going on today that's such a big deal, you ask? Well, my son is going to be in the Special Olympics.

The Special Olympics have a reputation for being for physically handicapped children. It's actually for kids with intellectual disablities, and since my son has Asperger's Syndrome, he qualifies. This site has more information on the Special Olympics. I know that some of you may not be familiar with Asperger's. This isn't the best link in the world, but this should give you an idea of what Aspergers is.

Last year he won a couple of gold medals, and the year before he won some bronze. This is my son's third and final year participating, and he's quite excited. And I'm excited for him. And if you are reading this, please root for him. This is going to be quite a day for him!

0 Comments:

Click here to comment!

Or you can sign in as a different user.

<< To Blogger.com