My Photo
Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts

This is my public journal. I will be writing fun stories about my past, some opinions on different events in my life and in the world, reviews on books, movies and music, pictures and a whole lot more!

I always have a hard time with summing myself into words, so for general info about me, please go to this link. Or you could check out my Myspace.

Please scroll to the bottom of this blog for copyright information.


Powered by Blogger

Get Firefox!

Listed in LS Blogs

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Pinwheel, Pinwheel spinning around...

Rencently, a set of DVDs about the 1980's Nickelodeon show Pinwheel sold for over a hundred dollars. I'm not shitting you. And these weren't even professionally mass produced. They were burned to disc by the seller! Now, if a set of burned DVDs about Pinwheel cost over a hundred dollars on eBay, imagine what would happen if this show were put out officially on DVD by Nickelodeon? Hell, can you imagine if they decided to air this show again! Kids and adults alike would be watching. I know I would. That show is timeless, and I have a lot of fond memories of watching this show as a kid.

I remember the feeling I got when I first saw Pinwheel; it was magical. It was a treat to watch and escape for a few hours to that magical world. The cartoons were mainly imported, and were for the most part sweet, but also a bit strange. One cartoon, for example, featured living creatures that resembled little hats, called Hattytown. These cartoons would air between the live segments that featured humans as well as puppets. OOOOHH THE PUPPETS!!! For some reason, the puppets on Pinwheel were more endearing to me than the ones on Sesame Street. They just had a quality that could not be compared. The puppets were made by a company named Flexitoon. Take a look at some of those puppets and tell me you don't find them lovable! Anyway, the live segments took place in and around a place called Pinwheel House, hence the name "Pinwheel".

Pinwheel remained a favorite of mine throughout my childhood, and well into my teen years. Whenever I stayed home sick from school, I would watch and fall in love all over again with it's charm. The show was aired in four to six hour blocks. I often found myself watching for the duration! When the show was cancelled in 1989, I was actually really surprised. I mean, the show had been on for ten years! I thought it would be on the air forever!

Through the years, Pinwheel became a dim memory, but thanks to sites like Youtube, Retrojunk and Mystie's Place, I have been able to rediscover my love for this fantastic show. But the more I watch the short clips on these sites, the more I want to see! I mean, I could bid for a three DVD set like the one I linked to at the beginning of this entry, because this set in particular has been copied and sold before, but I just don't have the money to spend that much on DVDs. Oh, well. I guess I'm just going to have to hope Nickelodeon releases episodes of this show on DVD. Judging by the response I've seen at the eBay auctions, they're sure to sell!

0 Comments:

Click here to comment!

Or you can sign in as a different user.

<< To Blogger.com