My Photo
Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts

This is my public journal. I will be writing fun stories about my past, some opinions on different events in my life and in the world, reviews on books, movies and music, pictures and a whole lot more!

I always have a hard time with summing myself into words, so for general info about me, please go to this link. Or you could check out my Myspace.

Please scroll to the bottom of this blog for copyright information.


Powered by Blogger

Get Firefox!

Listed in LS Blogs

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

My luck (or lack therof) with Courtney Love...

A lot of you already know that one of my favorite all time celebs is Courtney Love. I've been a fan since the early 1990's. I've purchased every CD, the Poppy Z. Brite book, posters, lots of stuff. But when it comes to seeing her live, well, I haven't. As a matter of fact, I've had the worst luck with seeing her live!

The first attempt was in 1994-95, while she was on tour with Hole for Live Through This. I found out through the grapevine that she was coming to the Boston Orpheum. The only thing wrong with this was that I was broke, so I devised a scheme to get the money from my father. Ha ha. Not only would he NOT loan me the money, he didn't want me to go to Boston at night alone. Woe was me. I remember sitting in my front hallway in the house we used to live at in Somerville, and just crying my eyes out.

Then she went on tour with Marilyn Manson, so of course I got tickets! Hole and Marilyn Manson on one bill, I thought. I'm there! Of course history shows what happened there; Hole dropped off the tour. I didn't want to see JUST Manson, so I refunded the tickets and had a ball with the money, with a dull sadness in my soul, knowing I wouldn't be seeing Courtney this time, either.

Flash forward to 2004. Courtney released her album America's Sweetheart (and it's a pity that such a magnificent album didn't do so well, but that's another story), and despite all her legal problems, she was going to tour. A date was set for the Boston Orpheum. I remember going real early for the tickets, thinking people would be waiting. The only people waiting with me were old perverts that wanted to see Courtney flash the crowd in the flesh. I cringed quietly and got my tickets. I was so excited, I drew this chart on the wall, marking the days I had left to wait before I saw real live COURTNEY! It was eleven days before she was due to play when I got the news that the whole tour was cancelled because of all of her legal problems at the time. Woe, again. I cried and cried. And then I felt resigned; I just wasn't meant to see Courtney in my lifetime.

There will come a time when she will tour again, and of course I will try to get tickets. Maybe I like the abuse, who knows? I mean, one day I may get lucky and finally see her live, but knowing my luck, one never knows.

0 Comments:

Click here to comment!

Or you can sign in as a different user.

<< To Blogger.com