My Photo
Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts

This is my public journal. I will be writing fun stories about my past, some opinions on different events in my life and in the world, reviews on books, movies and music, pictures and a whole lot more!

I always have a hard time with summing myself into words, so for general info about me, please go to this link. Or you could check out my Myspace.

Please scroll to the bottom of this blog for copyright information.


Powered by Blogger

Get Firefox!

Listed in LS Blogs

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Heroes.

Most of us have heroes. Some of us have the same heroes our whole lives. My brother, for example, is one of those people. His heroes have been KISS and Hulk Hogan since he was a young kid. He has his reasons why he thinks of them so highly; KISS of course are larger than life, while Hulk Hogan stands for life's better values; exercise, say your prayers, take your vitamins. It's pretty easy to understand why he looks up to these people even to this day.

I, too have had my share of heroes. Tonight I was listening to the latest album from one of my heroes, Cyndi Lauper, called The Body Acoustic. To me, Cyndi is a mentally strong female that struggled to get to the top of her profession. Sure she doesn't have top ten albums like say, Madonna, but she doesn't have to. She has released songs of quality year after year, so it really doesn't matter.

Anyway, The Body Acoustic is one strong, solid album. On this one she gives classic songs such as "She Bop" and "Money Changes Everything" a whole new twist. It is like a breath of fresh air, what with all the Emo bands that are so popular these days. I have to say that my favorite is "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" featuring Puffy Ami Yumi. This track in particular, with it's ska-like bounce, is one huge reason why you should give this disc a spin. And hey, it's great to see someone that I have looked up to since I was twelve is still going strong!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Rose said...

Hmm, I think everyones blogging about Heroes. I too blogged on the subject.

12:16 AM  

Click here to comment!

Or you can sign in as a different user.

<< To Blogger.com